Thursday, August 30, 2007

Kevin Smith Has Revealed His New movie ‘Red State’

Kevin Smith has revealed that he has finished the first draft for his upcoming horror movie, Red State.

He also reveals that it’s the shortest script he has ever written, with the least amount of dialogue.

On his website, viewaskew.com, Smith wrote, “
Not to say there’s no dialogue; just that there’s about half as much as I normally write […] Unlike any other script I’ve ever authored, to say the least. Very fucked up. If I’d never said anything about it in the press and put it out under a pseudonym, I doubt anyone would ever connect me with it. Can’t wait to shoot it.” At this early stage Smith hasn’t revealed any plot details or confirmed any casting but reports have claimed that Jeff Anderson and Jay Mewes (Clerks) have signed on to the film.

Source