Thursday, May 15, 2008

Peggy agar, Obama sweetie

Peggy Agar got "Hold on one second, sweetie," for an answer from Barack Obama for a question.
Action reporter, Peggy Agar expected a better and firmer answer to "What are you gonna do to help American auto workers?" It was her chance as a reporter- her 'Up Close and Personal' Chance to be something, get somewhere and she got a 'Hold on one second, sweetie'

Obama however later for damage control sent Peggy Agar a voicemail message. The transcipt goes like this: "Hi Peggy. This is Barack Obama. I'm calling to apologize on two fronts. One was you didn't get your question answered and I apologize. I thought that we had set up interviews with all the local stations.

I guess we got it with your station but you weren't the reporter that got the interview. And so, I broke my word. I apologize for that and I will make up for it.